St. George Hunt Memorial Hospital in Wayne, PA seeks a Hospital Manager to join our practice.
St. George Hunt Memorial Veterinary Hospital is a well-established, full-service, small animal veterinary hospital providing comprehensive medical, surgical, and dental care.
We provide a broad spectrum of diagnostic procedures through in-house testing and the use of reference laboratories. We also work closely with specialty practices when advanced diagnostic or therapeutic procedures are required. Our facility includes a well-stocked pharmacy, in-hospital surgery suite, in-house x-ray capabilities, and a closely supervised hospitalization area.
At St. George Hunt Memorial Veterinary Hospital we strive to offer both sound advice and optimal veterinary care, facilitating your enjoyment of your companion for a maximum number of years. Our job is not only to treat your pet when he or she isn't feeling well, but also to help you learn how to keep your best friend happy and healthy. When considering a veterinarian, it is important to evaluate all elements of care the clinic may provide. Compassion, affordable cost, and quality are all important traits, but we aim to provide a level of care that exceeds all expectations.
Dentistry – Basic and Advanced Services Include Dental Treatments
Diagnostic Procedures with In-House Laboratory
Anesthesia-Intravenous and Isofluorane Inhalant Anesthesia with Advanced Monitoring Techniques
About Wayne, PA:
Wayne is an unincorporated community located on the Main Line, centered in Delaware County, Pennsylvania, United States. While the center of Wayne is in Radnor Township, Wayne extends into both Tredyffrin Township in Chester County and Upper Merion Township in Montgomery County. The center of Wayne was designated the Downtown Wayne Historic District in 2012. Considering the large area served by the Wayne post office, the community may extend slightly into Easttown Township, Chester County, as well.
The center of the Wayne business district is the intersection of Lancaster Avenue and Wayne Avenue, its main street. The historic Wayne station is located one block north of this intersection. The Wayne business district also includes a post office, a cinema, a hotel, a library, the new Radnor Middle School, and several banks, stores, restaurants, cafes, bars and other commercial establishments. Other institutions and attractions in Wayne include the Wayne Hotel, Chanticleer Garden, the Valley Forge Military Academy (with a monument from the Battle of the Bulge located by the parade ground) and the headquarters of Traffic Pulse (NAVTEQ Traffic), a world wide traffic information provider.
The Hospital Manager is a leader and an integral member of the veterinary hospital management team. The Hospital Manager partners with the Managing Veterinarian to provide a smooth and profitable operation by driving revenue and managing costs while creating a hospital culture based on high quality patient care and exceptional customer service. Responsibilities include managing, planning, and coordinating the overall operations of the hospital, and cultivating a supportive and collaborative team environment.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Leadership and Planning
· Acts as a champion for change and identifies, documents, shares, and promotes best practices.
· Participates in the planning and budget maintenance process.
· Establishes goals for the practice and staff.
· Creates the hospital schedule and manages labor costs to budget.
· Oversees employee benefits program and hospital insurance plans.
· Develops and implements hospital policy, including DEA/Controlled Substances and OSHA compliance.
· Performs quality checks and reviews of client files.
· Monitors computer systems and works with HelpDesk to resolve technical systems/equipment issues.
· Partners with the Managing Veterinarian to address staffing needs including hiring, training, reviewing, and disciplining of staff.
· Implements performance-based incentive and rewards and recognition programs.
· Manages staff, including grooming and boarding staff if applicable.
· Tracks and maintains current licensure for all DVMs.
· Demonstrates and reinforces the highest level of client service
· Resolves client issues and escalations, and oversees client follow-up communication.
· Drives client visits through strategic client communication and local marketing efforts (i.e. Community).
· Ensures payroll is accurately completed and submitted for all hospital staff.
· Manages accounts receivable and cash on hand, including performing invoice audit reviews.
· Manages hospital inventory and controls facility and administrative costs.
· Performs other duties essential to the performance of the hospital as assigned.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.
· Bachelor’s degree in business or related degree is preferred.
· 3-5 years of experience in a manager role, including customer service experience.
· Experience in a hospital setting in positions of increased responsibility is a plus.
Knowledge and/or experience in the following areas:
· Multi-functional operations including budget and labor management.
· Manage time and tasks appropriately and remain flexible with assigned duties.
· Supervisory and leadership experience.
· Reporting and data analysis.
· Problem solving and resolution management skills.
· Oral and written communication skills.
· Basic computer skills i.e. Microsoft Office suite (Previous practice management software knowledge preferred).
· Interpersonal skills with staff and clients, and works well in a team environment.
· Customer service strategies and effective marketing techniques.
· HR policies and protocol development.
· Staff management including: coaching, developing, and motivating staff.
· Conduct performance appraisals.
· Delegate responsibility and achieve results with hospital team members.
· Make decisions confidently and effectively.
· Model a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
National Veterinary Associates (NVA™) is the largest private owner of individually branded veterinary hospitals in the United States. NVA owns over 460 companion animal veterinary hospitals and boarding facilities in 41 states, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. We have over 6,000 veterinary professionals that improve the well-being of patients by providing progressive and compassionate care.