Associate Veterinarian- Stewart Animal Clinic **RELOCATION & SIGN-ON BONUS*
Southern Veterinary Partners
July 9, 2018
Type & Experience Level:
Full Time - One to seven years
DVM or equivalent
Stewart Animal Clinic is looking for a third Doctor to add to our growing small animal practice! Stewart is a long-standing, reputable clinic that serves North Jefferson, West Blount and South Cullman. We have also added diagnostic aids including ultrasound, endoscopy, hematology, blood chemistry machines, and a digital x-ray. We are committed to providing the best possible medical, surgical and dental care to our pets.
Surrounded by natural beauty, state and national parks, universities, local food and less than 25 minutes from Birmingham, Warrior, Alabama is an ideal location for any Veterinarian interested in a cozy town with access to city life too!
• Develop a rapport with clients and determine their needs and wishes; perform physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures in a way that will deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
• Explain physical examination findings and communicate to the client a diagnosis of the pet’s problems; generate and present a treatment plan for the pet to the client; educate clients on preventative health care, including vaccines and appropriate nutritional products.
• Maintain client/patient medical/surgical records and make certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols; assist colleagues in follow-up and future management of the patient.
• Stay up-to-date with new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine, attend Continuing Education meetings.
• Assist in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure the delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
• Positively represent the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
• Treat every client like family and each patient like your own pet.
• Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from an accredited university
• Licensure in good standing to practice in the state of Alabama
• Professional comportment and appearance, with excellent interpersonal skills and a positive, friendly attitude
• The ability to make decisions and communicate clearly and effectively with fellow team members
• Respect for and willingness to work with clients and their pets
• Compassionate team player who can uphold great reputation with clients
• A commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine, upholding the veterinary code of ethics
• Proficiency in surgery a plus
About Southern Veterinary Partners
Southern Veterinary Partners is a veterinarian owned and managed regional network of animal hospitals with the common goal of providing the highest quality veterinary care to companion animals.
Headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama, Southern Veterinary Partners pursues partnerships with like-minded veterinarians to build our network of high quality and service-oriented animal hospitals.