Do you love emergency medicine but want a life too? Come work for an excellent, high quality, state of the art veterinary clinic with a fun-loving and friendly staff! Our partnering hospital, Animal Medical Center, located less than 15 miles outside of Richmond, VA is a 24 hour/7 days a week and AAHA accredited small animal veterinary emergency and preventative care hospital providing quality, affordable care to the pets of Central Virginia.
If you want to provide outstanding care, be appreciated as a professional and you have a lot to offer our veterinary team and to our patients, then we may have just the opportunity for you! We are in search for a full time associate emergency veterinarian to join our enthusiastic team. New graduates are welcome! In addition to competitive salary and benefits, we are offering a relocation and sign-on bonus for this opportunity.
• Develop a rapport with clients and determine their needs and wishes; perform physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures in a way that will deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
• Explain physical examination findings and communicate to the client a diagnosis of the pet’s problems; generate and present a treatment plan for the pet to the client; educate clients on preventative health care, including vaccines and appropriate nutritional products.
• Maintain client/patient medical/surgical records and make certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols; assist colleagues in follow-up and future management of the patient.
• Stay up-to-date with new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine, attend Continuing Education meetings.
• Assist in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure the delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
• Positively represent the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
• Treat every client like family and each patient like your own pet.
This is an emergency position which means nights, weekends, and holidays will be incorporated into this schedule. Our emergency veterinarians are on a set, rotating schedule pending time off requests that is designed to extend six months to a year in advance of 14 hour overnight shifts.
Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from an accredited university
Licensure in good standing to practice in the state of Virginia
Professional comportment and appearance, with excellent interpersonal skills and a positive, friendly attitude
The ability to make decisions and communicate clearly and effectively with fellow team members
Respect for and willingness to work with clients and their pets
Compassionate team player who can uphold great reputation with clients
A commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine, upholding the veterinary code of ethics
Proficiency in surgery
SVP rewards its team members with a competitive salary, growth bonuses and a comprehensive benefits package, including: