Veterinarian in mountains of Asheville NC $115-150k 3-4 day week
Open Door Veterinary Care
Location: Asheville, North Carolina
Type: Full Time
DVM or equivalent
2 openings available.
There are tons of veterinarian job openings right now. We are all promising a lot of the same things. So why should you pick Open Door Veterinary Care in Asheville, NC? Here's our 10 top reasons:
Be at home more than you are at work. Choose between 3.5, 4 or 5 day work week with no long evenings past 6:15pm, no weekends, on call, or emergency hours.
We welcome veterinarians with children who may want to work part-time or half days and can create a flexible schedule that allows you to have a career and see your family.
2. Competitive pay, health insurance, vacation, holidays and CE package. We offer between $115-150k to start depending on schedule and experience. We offer 3 weeks vacation to start and 4 weeks after 1 year and CE package ranging from $2,500-5,000.
3. No non competes or contracts. We want you to be with us because you want to not because you're locked in a contract.
4.Not corporate owned. We are privately owned so you have say in how you practice medicine.
5. No production pressure. You get to have a relationship with your clients without the pressure of upselling products.
6.Ratio of minimum of 3 support staff per veterinarian with 30 minute appointments so your support team handles the details and you focus on the medicine and you all use your skills to the fullest.
7. Focus on patient care and don't worry about financial conversations. Our admin team handles all payment conversations and we offer payment plans, pet savings, and our Stay Together fund where we give $1 from every healthy pet exam fee into a special fund our veterinary team can use to help clients.
8. Mix of surgery and appointments with a variety of interesting cases.
9. Have all the equipment you need-digital x-ray, dental x-ray, ultrasound and more.
10. Opportunities to participate in paid community outreach to help underserved people and pets and know we will never euthanize a pet for economic euthanasia.
We are looking for someone ideally with at least one year of clinic and surgical experience to add to our growing team but are open to everyone.
Our Guidelines we follow for a humane culture for the pets in our care and our staff:
We believe all pets and their families deserve access to veterinary care.
We work to remove barriers to care.
Every pet in our care will receive our best efforts.
No pet will be euthanized for economic euthanasia.
We are committed to helping pets as well as the people who care for them.
We strive to meet the pet family where they are financially.
We will work to find unique solutions that keep pets and their people together.
We will assume everyone is doing their best and give them the benefit of the doubt.
We will treat each other with compassion and empathy and support one another.