Full-time DVM at Humane Society and non-profit Community Animal Clinic + $10,000 Sign on Bonus!
Big Lake Community Animal Clinic
Location: Muskegon, Michigan
Type: Full Time
Salary: $80,000-125,000 annually
We are willing to offer relocation assistance and sign on bonus of $10,000.
Employer will assist with relocation costs.
Big Lake Community Animal Clinic is a new low-cost, full-service veterinary clinic extending services from Big Lake Humane Society into our community. We provide quality veterinary care to our clients with an emphasis on our low-income community. We also extend our support to local animal shelters and our humane society by providing essential animal care services to prepare pets for adoption. We are currently seeking a passionate and skilled Licensed Veterinarian to join our team and make a positive impact on the lives of people and pets in need.
Please watch this video to learn more about us and our community:
- Perform comprehensive medical examinations, diagnose illnesses, and prescribe appropriate treatments for a wide range of small animals.
- Conduct surgical procedures, including spaying and neutering, dental surgeries, and minor soft tissue surgeries.
- Administer vaccinations, prescribe medications, and provide preventive care to ensure the overall well-being of our patients.
- Collaborate with our dedicated team and support staff to deliver outstanding patient care.
- Educate clients on proper animal care, including nutrition, behavior, and preventive healthcare measures.
- Participate in community outreach programs and initiatives aimed at promoting responsible pet ownership and animal welfare.
- Work closely with local animal shelters and our humane society to provide necessary medical care and support for shelter animals.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date medical records for all patients in compliance with legal and ethical standards.
- A valid license to practice veterinary medicine in the state of MI is required.
- Demonstrated experience working as a Licensed Veterinarian, preferably in a clinic or shelter setting.
- Strong knowledge of veterinary medicine, including diagnostics, surgery, dentistry, and preventive care.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively and compassionately with clients, staff, and shelter volunteers.
- Passion for serving low-income clients and improving the welfare of animals in need.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Dedication to maintaining high professional standards and keeping abreast of the latest advancements in veterinary medicine.
- Proficient computer skills and familiarity with veterinary software for medical record keeping.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages, including health insurance, retirement plans, and continuing education opportunities to support your professional growth.
If you are a compassionate and dedicated Licensed Veterinarian looking to make a difference in the lives of animals and their owners, we encourage you to apply. Please submit your resume, cover letter, and any relevant certifications to BigLakeED@gmail.com. We look forward to reviewing your application.
Note: Big Lake Community Animal Clinic is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Muskegon Humane Society was founded in 1972 as a nonprofit animal rescue group and has continued to grow over the past 50 years. When 2022 brought the unplanned acquisition of a low-cost community animal clinic (known as Pay It Forward Outreach), it launched the next step in our journey to better the lives of animals in our community. This exciting new branch of our mission lead to our rebrand as Big Lake Humane Society. By broadening our name with the growth of our services, we can represent and serve an even larger community.
Big Lake Community Animal Clinic opened to the public in October, 2022. We have since been steadily growing our services and impact in our community. We are located on the lakeshore in West Michigan but our impact has been stretching across all of West Michigan.
Being a private organization without ties to the government or bigger entities, we depend solely on our services and community support to continue our mission and grow our impact. This clinic is intended to serve our community with affordable animal care while offering services to local shelters that we hope will ultimately support our Humane Society's shelter services.